The fact that most of us stay home for most of the day with limited activities, has brought forth a new kind of daily routine, which also affects our diet, as many of us break our eating habits.
A balanced diet (like the Mediterranean diet), is one that is full of proteins, vitamins, minerals and trace elements and provides the body with everything it needs to function properly.
- The goal is to consume 3 main meals and 2-3 intermediate small snacks per day.
- You also need to ensure that you consume lots of fruits and vegetables, rich in vitamins and antioxidants, to strengthen the body's defenses.
- Furthermore, opt for eggs, fish and lean meat, as proteins are a structural component of tissues and contribute to the proper functioning of the immune system.
- In addition, you should aim for the regular comsumption of legumes, a good source of protein and fiber and raw olive oil. Make velvet soups or sauce for spaghetti by grinding vegetables and use over-riped fruits for delicious smoothies.
- Alternatively, avoid butter, fried, fatty snacks and sweets.
- Last but not least, dont forget to drink at least 6-8 glasses of water every day to remove toxins.
A diet rich in saturated and trans fats, salt and sugar, is a risk factor for various diseases. We also avoid increased alcohol consumption and smoking.